Sunday, February 14, 2010

Revelation

Well, last week I didn't get a lot of response on Charity, but I will bring that subject up again. I know that this will be great to learn more about Jesus and the gospel.

This week, I was thinking more and more about revelation. Not only that I learned a little more about too this week from institute. Now I'm not going to cite everything that I learned and read but for sure I will tell you where I got the information from. First off I want to go to "Finding Strength in Challenging Times!" from Elder Allan F. Packer in the April 2009 ensign. Elder Allan talk was great and I suggest you read it. But Elder Allan tells us that their are three important things to do to receive revelation. The first is a desire, second to study and learn, with pondering, and third is asking for a testimony.
Now this was three great things. It is making me realize to receive inspiration is a lot harder then just asking. From my Institute class I learned a couple of things that are very important and to have the chance to have great teachers teach me great principles. In D&C 6: 15-16 I liked the understanding that the lord has enlighten thy mind because he was asked and that is great to know and apply's the first, Desire.
So I want all of us to think about revelation more this week and apply what Elder Allan has given us so that we can gain new truth and guidance in our lives. To end this I want to give one last scripture and I want you to figure out the Mathematics equation. D&C 84:45.

I love you all. I really hope that I can hear more from you. And if you have experience's you would like to share plz do.

No comments:

Post a Comment